Sunday, September 4, 2011

oobleck


I highly recommend this super easy activity! We used to do it at the preschool I worked at in grad school, and it's been on my mental list of things to do with Aidric and Juliet for awhile...then, I put it on the "summer list" and that gave me the push to get it done! All you need is cornstarch, water and some coloring agent. (I used food coloring, in the preschool we used a special art coloring that doesn't stain your hands like food coloring can.)

You just mix up the ingredients together until you have the right consistency. The right consistency is hard to describe. It's liquidy when you touch it softly..flows right through your fingers like water. But, when yo squeeze it or hit it, it is hard. You can actually grab a handful of it, it will kind of make a solid ball or shape in your hand, but when you release the pressure on it, it just flows out. How cool is that?? It's so hard to describe, but seriously, when we made it, I couldn't keep my hands out of it and neither could the kids.








1 comment:

sophie said...

cute babies <3 <3 <3