Monday, December 15, 2008

Yep, it's cold and flu season...

and RSV season of course. Aidric and Juliet had "well baby" visits today- Juliet's 2 week check-up and Aidric's 18 month. Except that there is really nothing well about either of them right now!

Aidric likely has RSV, but his pedi opted not to actually test for it, since it won't change anything treatment wise. There is really no actual treatment for RSV- just for the symptoms. He's been coughing a lot and wheezing. He had a breathing treatment at his appointment this morning (which he HATED and during which all of my child life skills went right out the window while we held him down and shoved the tube in front of him to just get it over with) and his oxygen levels did improve from 94 to 97. We need to watch him overnight and potentially bring him back in tomorrow for another treatment or rent the equipment to do some treatments at home.

RSV for Aidric is not fun, but it could be really bad if Juliet catches it. It's one of the top causes of hospitalization for infants. So, our goal is to keep Aidric as far away from her as possible- much easier said than done since he loves to "pet" her and kiss on her!

As for the little chunker...she is up to 8 lbs and 3 oz!!!! Holy Cow!! This is sooo different from Aidric, who didn't hit 8 lbs. until he was around 6 weeks old! She's 50th% for both her height and weight, but it just seems sooo big to me! Her newborn diapers have gotten a little snug and we've made the switch to size 1's. What a milestone. Sadly, at 2 weeks, she does already have her first cold. She slept ok for the first half of the night last night, but I had to hold her on my chest, upright, from about 5 am to 7 this morning b/c she was so stuffed up.

Did I mention I'm sick too? It really is fun times here!! Chris already had it, so at least we have on healthy family member.

But, despite the sickness, I leave you with a few cute pics.



These are from this weekend- Aidric was in the backpack "helping" daddy with the leaf blower and I went out and snapped a few shots. About 20 minutes later, I looked out the window and saw Aidric's little head just dangling around- OUT COLD. So, Chris brought him in and he immediately went to the window, 1/2 asleep and just kept saying "Dad-dy, dad-dy" over and over again. So sweet!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjfn-164AQLZcRluFMniVY5qWMQPXuoC3giXFbY9xswk5-paMCW3yFeF0t9gpqEk9q5gsCPeQRMgr8PuC1mZO4Og8xQ1e3WeRshMVAdyDKnZY5YcxocWQQRPrT0dEexLI7r3PbhiAMmpGE/s1600-h/IMG_4358.jpg">

4 comments:

Kate said...

So sorry you all are sick!!! Hope AJ is better soon. RSV is NO FUN! :( Love the pics. Cute AS ALWAYS! ;)

Krista Scott said...

I'm so sorry everyone is sick! I'm sending healthy vibes your way!! I love the pictures of Aidric and Juliet and can't wait to see her in person!

Anonymous said...

Oh... poor Zohlens!!!! Get better soon!!!! I just love all the new pics of the kids! Keep them coming! :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a meeting in May!

beth said...

Great pictures! I hope your little ones get get better soon!