Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring Break Day 3

We spent the morning and early afternoon at Pretend City in Irvine. My initial impression of the place was that it was overrated and overpriced. However, the kids LOVED it. It’s basically a miniature ‘city’… library, post office, gas station, grocery store, homes, theater, restaurants, doctor’s/dentist offices, the beach, a pond, farm, etc.

Juliet was a big fan of the stage. Aidric didn't set foot on it once. Love their different personalities. She literally had to be pulled off. 

Aidric did really enjoy controlling the music and spotlights. 

Pumping a little iron at the fire station. 

Aidric was not happy to be in the passenger seat.

 In the library, listening to a lesson on rainbows and then creating their own rainbows.

The art center. 

The stream. They built their own boats first and then sailed them around. This was probably their favorite area. 

We could have stayed a lot longer, but Mac woke up with a cold and he deteriorated as the morning went by. When we got to the stream, he just wanted me to hold him and lay with his head on my chest. This is sooo not like him. He barely ate anything for lunch, the runny nose got worse, his eyes looked horrible and he was just so lethargic.  I didn't manage to get any pictures of the remainder of the day there with him in my arms. We just snuggled while the other two explored the garden, grocery store, farm and workshop. Luckily, they were excited enough by the pool at the hotel that they were happy to leave despite how much fun they were having.

Of course, Mac fell asleep on the way to the hotel. I think he lasted about 45 seconds into the drive actually. Once we got our key and got into the room, I tried to get him to stay asleep on the bed, but he wanted nothing to do with that. I gave up and we went to the pool.

I got exactly two pictures taken at the pool and then put my phone in my bag so I could be on full-on Mac mode. He and I stayed in the jacuzzi and he made several attempts to face dive into the water. The other picture I took was of him, but his eyes were closed :)  
 After swimming for almost 2 hours, we headed back to the room to get ready for dinner. I was still hopeful that Chris would be able to join us, but knew that it was a real possibility he would still be working. We did a quick shopping errand and then decided to eat at Wahoos. Chris showed up just as we were finishing our meals. He took one look at Coramc and asked us to go home. He was only half joking :) Turns out he also had an phone call scheduled for 7:00 the next morning. Not ideal circumstances with us all in the same room. In the end, we decided it would make more sense for us to drive home. So, he helped me pack up the car and off we went. I took a quick picture of 3 very tired kiddos with daddy before we took off. 

No comments: