Friday, October 14, 2011

Sweet Girl

We had a little scare yesterday. The kids and I were at the park, I was walking Cormac around in circles to keep him asleep when I heard Juliet screaming/crying. I looked up to see her laying on the ground, on her back, with her arms splayed out on either side. One arm, in particular, was in a really awkward position and I immediately thought it was broken. I ran over to her and couldn't get her to tell me anything, just continued sobbing. I didn't want to move her because I had NO idea what hurt at this point.

Eventually, I got her to lift her arms and move her body and I figured it was ok to move her. I picked her up, carried her over to a bench and sat down. She told me she fell from the top of the ladder onto her head. I have NO idea how this is possible and I'm still confused as to why she was face up. I continued to ask her to move things and everything seemed to be working fine. I asked her a few questions and she answered them correctly. She then told me she needed a bandaid for her face and promptly fell asleep. In my arms. At the park. Honestly, the falling asleep scared me more than anything! I called Chris and told him to get on google and see if this was a huge concern and told him we were on our way home.

He met us outside and carried her in. He woke her up a little and after our incredibly professional medical assessment, we both determined she was fine...sleepy, but fine. She had skipped her nap that day, which I had forgotten in my initial panic. She cuddled for about 10 more minutes before perking up and joining Aidric outside for a little soccer before dinner.

The whole thing just made me realize how quickly life can change. She's ok and I'm so thankful. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of her in this sweet moment of cuddling with daddy.


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Oh, what a sweetheart!! How incredibly scary that must have been - I'm so glad she's ok!