Sunday, October 16, 2011

Public Service Announcement: Apple Crisp

I know this blog is generally about the kids and what they are up to. But, this apple crisp truly deserves its own post. It is absolutely amazing. I can't give credit to the original baker b/c I have no idea who that is. My mom made it while she was here helping after Cormac was born and apparently, it's the recipe my dad is famous for using.

My pictures really don't do it justice and while I meant to just barely soften the butter, I accidentally melted it. That means the sugar/flour/butter mixture isn't as lumpy as it should be. Delicious despite that though!!

Apple Crisp

4 c sliced apples
1/4 cup water
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter

Place apples in buttered baking dish. Add water and cinnamon. Combine flour, sugar and butter with fork. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350 for 40 minute. YUM. (serve plain or with ice cream over/on the side)




2 comments:

Carla said...

Yum! I love apple crisp and have a really good recipe, but this looks really yummy! I'm going to have to try it.

E.M. said...

Thank you, Staci! Made this tonight and I used half the flour, butter and sugar. It still came out delicious!