Friday, October 14, 2011

Milk Art

One of our favorite (and easiest) ways to pass our afternoons is with an art project at the kitchen counter. I think this works well for a few reasons...

1) they love art
2) they are far enough away from each other that they can not touch each other

I like to mix it up and provide different materials for them. We do a lot of coloring, markers, watercolors and dot dot markers, but it's fun to go beyond those too. I found this idea on pinterest of course...the original blog post is here:

We used condensed milker to make it thicker and when I told them it was ok to lick the "paint" off their fingers if they wanted to, they tried it and declared it "basgusting" (juliet's word for disgusting). Regardless of not wanting to eat it, they loved painting with it!








I had Chris snap a few candids to use for my 52 week project. I really want some of those pictures to reflect what we are doing day to day..not just "smile for the camera" type pictures. And if that means a picture of me fresh out of the shower with no makeup on, so be it. (went for a quick run and grabbed a shower during naps!)


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

You are such a good (read: better) mommy for doing all these fun projects!! Love the "in the moment" shot of you with the kids, super impressed that you're out running already, AND Aidric's hair is short!!!! I've learned lots from this blog post - thanks! :)