Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lovie Love

This child LOVES her lovie. She has 3 of them now, all the same, and they are DISGUSTING. She had one to begin with (passed down with love from cousin Grace when she started getting attached to Aidric's blue one and I panicked). Anyway, the original became pretty gross b/c she sleeps with a limb in her mouth and sucks on it all night long. It's beyond gross. So, I ordered 2 new ones and hoped to completely dispose of the original. Instead, she rejected the new ones completely. So, I found myself working on making them a little more disgusting so she'd take them. I figured I had just spent $50 on lovies and shipping, I was going to get some use out of them!!

Long story short, we now have three absolutely filthy, disgusting, smelly lovies that get washed at least once a week but smell after one nap. I don't know how we'll take them away from her, but at some point, we'll need to. She's only allowed to have them in her crib, for naps and quiet time. But, she'll stop what she's doing (in the playroom or wherever), crawl up the stairs, go to her crib, reach through the slats and pull one out just for an in-between the nap snuggle! I followed her up this morning with my camera to capture the love Juliet has for these nasty little things!!











6 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

How cute. We know all about lovey obsessions here as well.

Jenifer said...

Our little guy is the same way but he has a seahorse instead of a lovie. Its by fisher price and he has had it since he was 2 months old. He will try to yank it through the crib slats as well (it wont fit) and that is when I know he is ready for a nap! He wont sleep without it. And he hugs it all night under one arm. And in the mornings we wake up to it playing music on our monitor. He loves it so much I just bought one for a friend who is due any day now. Oh how I love the seahorse!

Richard and Sarah said...

she really is one cute chick! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, she is entirely too cute with her lovey! i am impressed you were able to get her to like the new lovies...i've attempted this a few times, but the boys have always rejected them...it freaks me out not to have a spare!!

Gretchen said...

Sorry about the stinky lovies. =( ADORABLE pictures though!! I LOVE the one where she's bent over in a hug - #6 I think. Soooo cute!

mollie said...

look at all that hair!!! and i love the pink walls :)