Monday, June 11, 2007

Remember how we talked about the breathing thing?



When I called the NICU in the middle of the night (I always call when I am awake pumping), I got good news and bad news. The good news is that Aidric gained more weight and is up to 5 lbs. 5.3 oz!! He has exceeded his birth weight!

The bad news is that he had another episode .... he didn't actually stop breathing, but his breathing became very shallow and his heart rate dropped to 68 for about 19 seconds. He didn't require intervention and recovered on his own, but because the heart rate drop was so significant, they are going to keep him at least another week.

We want what is best for the little guy, and we know he's in the best place getting the best care, but it is just so hard to keep leaving him there when we want him home with us.

On a brighter note, my mom is here now visiting her first grandson! Of course, that means he has several new outfits to show off over the next few days. =)

No comments: