Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's not easy being 7 months old

This picture cracks.me.up! He was as happy as can be...smiling and laughing while I snapped a few pictures of him sitting up. Then, I laid him on his back to get the "monthly shot" and he was NOT a happy camper. I probably could have worked a little harder to get a smile, but I had two thoughts.

1. I was tired and just wanted to get it DONE.
2. Life isn't all about smiles...sometimes he cries. So, why not include a picture of him crying for his monthly shots?

And there you have it. He's adorable anyway.


But, a few to prove that getting his picture taken isn't all that bad :)
(this is his version of clapping..he gets the arms back and forth part, but keeps his hands in a fist still)




This one cracks me up too....it's just so him. He makes this goofy little crooked face all the time.




Quick rundown of being 7 months:

Sleep has actually reverted since last month!! Ugh, he was sleeping until about 5 every morning, but now he's looking to eat around 3:30/4:00. And this boy is persistent. There's no, "see if he'll go back to sleep if you give him a minute" with him. He does not quit.

Including that feeding, he nurses about 4 other times during the day. He eats three meals as well...his faves these days are pears and avocado. I need to make some more homemade green beans for him- he liked them when I made them before, but I ran out and tried to give him some jarred and he flat out pursed his lips together and refused to take a second bite. Did I mention he KNOWS what he wants and what he doesn't? And he is not afraid to let us know.

He takes two fairly predictable naps. One in the morning about 2 hours after waking up for the day. That can last anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half. His afternoon nap starts around 1:30 and is about 1-2 hours. Bedtime is at 7:30...waking varies between 6:30-7:30. (I can usually talk him into sleeping later if he was already in bed with me.) Have I mentioned our poor third child sleeps in our closet?? In our defense, it is a big closet :) We moved his pack n play in there about a month ago so that every little sound we make wouldn't wake him up and vice versa. He'll eventually move in with Aidric, but it seems unfair to do that to Aidric until Cormac is sleeping through the night regularly.

He's not crawling yet, which proves me wrong b/c about a month go I predicted it would be soon. He is still working the inch worm crawl though. He walks his feet up so that his butt is up in the air and then slides his head forward. This is not to say he is not mobile. He covers an amazing amount of ground with his skilled rolling :) And he shocked me a week or two ago by pulling himself up in the bathtub. It definitely won't be long....

According to the home scale, he's 18 lbs. 6 oz.
According to me, he's freaking adorable :)

That about sum it up!

2 comments:

B+J said...

I LOVE the crying picture (I can so relate to the "I don't want to lay down!" complaint). Love the hair, the eyes, the two bottom teeth, the chunky little legs, and all those facial expressions. The kid is no doubt: Adorable!

Kate said...

too too cute!!