Monday, February 25, 2008

It is (past) time to baby proof!

Oh, I know it's going to get worse, but in the span of a few days, he went from painstakingly slow army-crawling to real crawling on all fours and getting into EVERYTHING....AND FAST!

Here's a recap of the last hour. (by the way, he's now in his crib playing but is NOT asleep like he should be- two hours past his normal nap time- he's too excited by all of his new tricks!)

So, I am decorating "his" bathroom and wanted to get some cute pictures of him in the bathtub. The lighting in there is horrible at night, so I decided to do a day bath. He loves baths and we were having a great time.




And then I noticed this face, which went along with some grunting and before I could get him out of the tub...


he pooped.


So after I get him cleaned up and in his crib for our second attempt at a nap, I hear him making a lot more noise than normal and go in and find this:



He figured out how to pull himself up to standing in his crib. Yep, we'll be lowering the crib before bedtime tonight.

I can see he is nowhere near going to sleep, so I get him out and he immediately dives under the crib to get a toy. He had to go all the way under and was looking pretty proud of himself when he came back out with it!




The interest in the toy was short-lived, b/c he quickly noticed some cords on the ground so he took off under the crib again to go get them.




But, being the mean mommy I am, I moved them before he could get to them. He yelled for about two seconds before deciding he really was tired.



Seriously, I'M the one who needs a nap. But, he's finally asleep, so instead I'm going to go take a shower and get out of my stinky running clothes!

(side note- my parents are visiting, but just left for two days to go visit some friends in S. Texas- we used my mom's camera for a lot of those pictures, so I need to get her camera & download them- the next entry will be full of pics from that visit!)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that last pic of him sucking his thumb under the crib. I bet he would have napped under there if you would have let him.

Kate said...

Oh.My.Goodness!! Aidric is one funny kid!! And bad Staci for not lowering his crib!! :) It is so funny how proud they are of new accomplishments!! Glad he's keeping you on your toes!!!

Jenny said...

LOL!!