Thursday, February 28, 2008

He is wearing us both out!!

"Us" meaning me and himself! Seriously, he spends ALL day crawling after whatever he knows he shouldn't have (cords and anything electronic are his favorites) and climbing up on everything. He still loves to jump, but doesn't like the confinement of his jumperoo, so one of favorite things now is jumping up and down on the bed while I hold his hands.

So, I'm always more than ready for a nap....he, in turn, has started fighting them. Where is my little boy who lays down, puts his thumb in his mouth and stares at the bumper as his breathing slows down and he puts himself to sleep? I haven't seen that baby since Tuesday or so. Now, he yells the minute I walk towards the crib. And as soon as I put him in the crib, he crawls to the bumper, pulls it down and pulls himself up. Yesterday, I had to get him and hold him while he fell asleep. Today, I decided to let him work it out for at least a little while and this is what we ended up with. I thought about moving him after I took this picture, but you know what? This is how he fell asleep; this is apparently comfortable. So, I let him be....

1 comment:

Kate said...

So sweet!!! Mom needs a nap too!! :)