Sunday, September 30, 2007

Aidric has two things to say...






So, the good news first....Aidric had his four month check up and immunizations on Friday. Here are the stats:

Height: 24 inches
Weight: 15 lb. 4 oz
Head Circ.: 41 cm

And percentiles:
Height: 25%
Weight: 50%
Head Circ.: 25%

He loves to talk these days and once he gets started, he just goes and goes. (I wonder where he gets that?) So, as Dr. Mani was trying to listen to his heart, he was smiling at her and talking up a storm. She tried to ignore him so he would stop (and so that she could hear his heart), but the more she ignored him the louder he talked. It was pretty cute to watch his first adventures in trying to get a lady's attention.

And the "other" news- it's been a rough and interesting four days, as we have been working on helping Aidric fall asleep on his own. We put him down awake for every nap and night so that he becomes more familiar with his crib instead of just waking up there. Previously, he would almost always fall asleep while I held him, but he was starting to wake up a lot more often when I tried to transfer him. As much as I love him, I can't hold him every time he sleeps!

So, we started on Saturday night when we moved him to his crib. He did GREAT the first night, then had a rough second day. But, on day three we already started to see the improvement. He took great naps yesterday and slept last night from 9pm to 7:15 this morning without waking once! (or, if he did wake, he put himself back to sleep without crying)

I think especially as new parents, it is really hard to figure out what the best, most caring and helpful thing to do for him is when it comes to sleep. It was really hard to listen to him cry on that first day, but I prayed about it a lot and asked God to help me know if I was doing the right thing. I didn't ask for a non-crying day, as much as I would have loved that! I just asked for guidance, and I believe He gave it to me and let me know we should keep going. And so far, I am really glad we did- Aidric has always been a happy baby, but now he is staying awake longer and he seems to have more energy for all of the new things he is doing! (check in the next post- I'll try to get some pictures of his "sitting"....it's really more of a lean, but he's working on it!)

No comments: