Tuesday, October 12, 2010

celebrating "fall"

I miss fall. I loooove the first crisp days of fall and pulling sweaters out from the back of the closet. And boots. I love boots. But, we'll get our "fall" in December or so, if it's anything like last year. And I shouldn't complain too much since we spent last weekend at the beach. That was nice =)

But anyway, we're pretending and we're celebrating the season anyway. I bought Aidric and Juliet these candy corn suckers last week, but our photo shoot was delayed due to sickness. We got them out tonight and they loved them. Aidric understood he was allowed to have it for awhile, but then needed to set it aside for after dinner. He did such a great job and even initiated giving it back to me. Juliet was NOT so understanding. Screamed her poor little head off while I pried it out of her sticky little fingers.






After that fun, we came in and made pumpkin muffins. Thanks to my friend Kate for sharing the recipe! Yum!

I'd love to say this was all 100% fun and smiles..but I'm not going to lie. It ended with Juliet pulling on my pant legs crying "mommy, mommy, mommy" while I divided batter into the pan and Aidric asked, "Mommy, why are you not happy?" We really did have fun...but baking with an almost 2 year old and almost 3.5 year old?? It requires a higher patience level than I actually have.




4 comments:

Kate said...

your kids are just adorable, baking with them? You are a braver soul than I!! You def. get big points for trying! :)

celesle said...

I agree with kate- baking with little ones is something I just dont do! super cute! and those are some yummy muffins, arent they!

Gretchen said...

Well you'd never know from the pictures that the baking project didn't go perfectly. =) Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

cute pics! love the candy corn suckers and miles would be exactly the same a juliet if you tried to take it from him! we love celebrating fall here too.